Tuition, fees, and endowment income don’t cover the total cost of what it takes to provide an SMU education each year. In fact, tuition covers only about 71% of the entire cost of an SMU degree. Many people don’t realize that alumni have always supported the SMU Fund to help defray the cost of rising tuition.
Alumni, parents, and friends contribute to the SMU Fund each year and help meet the University’s ongoing need for flexible, unrestricted income to support our academic missions.Last year alone, thousands of donors provided significant support to the SMU Fund that helped the University:
- Attract and maintain world-class faculty in each department
- Continue its commitment to need-based financial aid
- Keep our library up-to-date with the information our students need to support their educational experience
- Purchase research materials and technologies used by our faculty and students
- Provide support for every facet of the student experience
Simply put, as an SMU Fund participant, you help SMU continue to grow as an incomparable place of higher learning.